If you are opening a new business, about to start building a new facility, upgrading your current business space, or would like to celebrate a business milestone, let the Columbia Chamber help you! Hosting a ribbon cutting, ground breaking, open house, or any other type of business celebration event is a great way to advertise your business while also highlighting your staff, clients, and stakeholders.
What are the benefits of holding a Chamber ribbon cutting?
By hosting a ribbon cutting, you can:
- Introduce both the public and Chamber Partners to your business
- Announce your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Community Calendar
- Familiarize the public and Chamber Partners with your product/services
- Familiarize the public and Chamber Partners with your physical location
- Begin a customer base
- Generate leads and sales from attendees
- Social Media and Photo Opportunities
Is the ribbon cutting my business’s event or a Chamber event?
This is your event. The Chamber will gladly assist you with the following:
- Notify the Chamber’s Diplomat Committee Partners of your ribbon cutting, encouraging their attendance
- Invite local officials on your behalf (upon request)
- List your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s event page of our website
- Have a member of the Chamber’s Team provide congratulatory remarks
- Provide a list of Chamber member caterers and entertainment (upon request)
- Bring the “BIG scissors”, ribbon, and stanchions
- Provide social media promotions before, during and immediately after the event
- Provide a commemorative plaque
- Provide a window cling to display at your place of business
- Inclusion on the Chamber’s Upcoming Events Emails (starting one month prior)
- A featured spot on the Chamber’s event calendar
Who qualifies for a ribbon cutting?
Columbia Chamber of Commerce is available to assist with your ceremony if your business has:
- Ribbon cuttings, open house events, groundbreaking and/or milestone celebrations for current Cornerstone Partners are $200 with Partnership. An invoice will be emailed upon approval of your submitted form. Your Partnership will be upgraded to Impact level and your event will be publicized once payment is received.
- Partners at Impact Level are allowed to have one ribbon cutting during the lifetime of an Impact level Partnership.
- Ribbon Cuttings for Impact, Keystone, Executive, and Ambassador Partners are included with your Partnership.
- Partners at Keystone level and up are allowed to have one ribbon cutting per year.
For questions or more information, please reach out to Rebecca Spence at (803) 733-1152 or by email.