Columbia Chamber Partners,
The greater Columbia community has made great progress over the past few years to develop a regional vision. This work has led to business growth, improvements in infrastructure, job creation and workforce development, as well as maintaining our status as the most military friendly community in America.
Moving forward, the Columbia Chamber will continue to expand its effort to encourage cooperation among geographic areas, political entities, governments and other stakeholders that have direct impact on the processes that add strength to programs for improving our community. Understanding the culture, creating familiarity, building and using a common language, agreeing on specific actions and ultimately sharing work and risks are essential to generating proper momentum to move our region forward.
The future of our community is based heavily on having the transportation infrastructure to sustain our existing businesses while creating new business development opportunities – leading to job growth, an increased tax base and safer roadways for our community.
Working together, we will continue to focus on the following goals:
• Creating a regional vision and plan
• Continuing to build support for local military installations
• Cultivating a competitive business climate for the Midlands
• Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with local, state and federal government
• Partnering with local institutions of higher education and technical colleges to ensure a
• Supporting the progress and continuing development of local infrastructure and
By creating and maintaining a unified body, we can promote issues important to the growth and development while supporting public policy and economic development.Our mission is to create an environment for sustained prosperity and future success through public policy and advocacy. We are proud that together, we will continue to enrich our community and build a world-class region.
President & CEO